- This event has passed.
Postdoc in Germany: Cono Sur 2021
Nov 30, 10:00-
Dec 03, 18:00(UTC-03:00) America/Santiago
Postdoc in Germany: Cono Sur 2021
Online Workshop on November 30th
Matchmaking on December 2nd – 3rd
The Liaison Office São Paulo of Freie Universität Berlin, the Liaison Office for Latin America of Technical University of Munich, the Brazil Center of the University of Münster, Ruhr-Universität Bochum, the University of Potsdam, University of Heidelberg and Technische Universität Berlin cordially invite prospective post-doctoral researchers to this Opportunities Online-Workshop for the countries Argentina, Chile, Paraguay and Uruguay.
Book your individual one-on-one video call with representatives of German universities and institutions for December 02-03. Individual calls can be booked by accessing the “members” section and click on the person you would like to talk to and “request a meeting” – a time schedule of this person will appear and then just choose the time and the meeting request will be sent to the person.
DAY 1: Information day, November 30th, 2021 – ZOOM Webinar
Learn everything you need to know about how to do a postdoc at these excellent German universities and the financing opportunities in Germany.
10:00 AM (Santiago de Chile) | Welcome & Opening Remarks
- Welcome & Moderation: Sören Metz, Technical University of Munich
- Welcome Words: Susanne Reischmann, DAAD IC Santiago de Chile
- Doing your postdoc in Germany – an Introduction: Christiane Wüllner, Ruhr-Universität Bochum
10:15 AM (Santiago de Chile) | Opportunities & Funding | Lectures
- German Research Foundation (DFG): Christina Peters
- Alexander von Humboldt Foundation (AvH): Prof. Carmen Feijoo, Ambassador Scientist Chile
- German Academic Exchange Service (DAAD): Susanne Reischmann, DAAD IC Santiago de Chile
- EURAXESS: Charlotte Grawitz (tbc)
10:45 AM (Santiago de Chile) | Funding Q&A
- with DFG, AvH, EURAXESS and DAAD
11:00 AM (Santiago de Chile) | Universities – Opportunities & Funding | Lectures
Postdoc opportunities at:
- University of Münster (WWU): Laura Redondo
- Ruhr-Universität Bochum (RUB): Jörn Benzinger
- Freie Universität Berlin (FU Berlin): Christian Lazar
- Technische Universität Berlin (TU Berlin): Ingy Nafie
- University of Potsdam (UP): Verena Kurz
- University of Heidelberg: Inés Recio
- Technical University of Munich (TUM): Neele Meyer
11:30 AM (Santiago de Chile) | How to get started. Ask your peers!
Personal and academic requirements, where to look for calls and job offers, first contact with a potential host, and much more! Discuss with alumni from the region: Prof. Carmen Feijoo (AvH Fellowship at University of Heidelberg) and all representatives from the German universities and funding agencies, moderated by Laura Redondo (University of Münster)
12:00 PM (Santiago de Chile) | Wrap-Up
- Matchmaking, Closing Remarks, Summary and Wrap Up
DAY 2 &3 : Matchmaking, December 02 and 03, 2021
December 02: 08-09 AM (Santiago) – Tips and Hints Session
Exclusively for all registered participants in the matchmakings, Christiane Wüllner & Ursula Justus (RUB Research School) will offer a Tips and Hints session. Register here: https://bit.ly/32AwuuL
We will provide general tips and thoughts about acquiring third-party money and highlight the importance of a strategic planning. We will also elaborate on the typical do’s and don’ts when it comes to starting a collaboration with German researchers. We are looking forward to hosting you and will provide plenty of time to discuss your questions and comments. Moderated by Jörn Benzinger, RUB Research School. Your hosts: Christiane Wüllner & Ursula Justus, RUB Research School
Please register here to participate: https://bit.ly/32AwuuL
Matchmakings: December 02 and 03 from 09AM – 06PM (Santiago)
Please book your individual meetings with the representatives of the universities and funding agencies directly by accessing the “members” section and click on the person you would like to talk to and “request a meeting” – a time schedule of this person will appear and then just choose the time and the meeting request will be sent to the person.