- This event has passed.
Postdoc in Germany: Argentina, Brazil, Chile and Uruguay 2023
Nov 22, 00:00-
Nov 24, 23:59(UTC-03:00) America/Sao_Paulo
Part 1: Online Workshop on November 22 (register here)
Part 2: Matchmaking on November 23 & 24 (universities-in-germany.org platform)
The Liaison Office São Paulo of Freie Universität Berlin, the Liaison Office for Latin America of Technical University of Munich, the Brazil Center of the University of Münster, Ruhr-Universität Bochum, the University of Potsdam, Heidelberg University and Technische Universität Berlin cordially invite prospective post-doctoral researchers to this Opportunities Online-Workshop for the countries Argentina, Brazil, Chile and Uruguay.
Book your individual one-on-one video call with representatives of German universities and institutions for the week following the workshop (Nov 23 & 24).
Part 1: Online Workshop, November 22, 2023 (ZOOM Webinar)
10:00 AM (São Paulo, Buenos Aires) | Welcome & Opening Remarks
- Welcome & Moderation: Laura Redondo, University of Münster & Sören Metz, Technical University of Munich
- Doing your postdoc in Germany – an Introduction: Christiane Wüllner, Ruhr-Universität Bochum
10:15 AM (São Paulo, Buenos Aires) | Opportunities & Funding | Lectures
- German Research Foundation (DFG): Laura Ferreira, Latin America Office
- Alexander von Humboldt Foundation (AvH): Carmen Feijoo, Ambassador Scientist Chile
- German Academic Exchange Service (DAAD): Annie Mulcahy, Director of DAAD Information Centre in Buenos Aires
- EURAXESS: Charlotte Grawitz, EURAXESS Brazil and LAC Regional Coordinator
10:45 AM (São Paulo, Buenos Aires) | Funding Q&A
- with DFG, AvH, EURAXESS and DAAD
11:00 AM (São Paulo, Buenos Aires) | Universities – Opportunities & Funding | Lectures
Postdoc opportunities at:
- University of Münster: Laura Redondo
- Ruhr-Universität Bochum (RUB): Jörn Benzinger
- Freie Universität Berlin (FU Berlin): Christian Lazar
- Technische Universität Berlin (TU Berlin): Jan an Haack
- University of Potsdam (UP): Liliana Mayer
- Technical University of Munich (TUM): Tiffany Paulisch
- Heidelberg University: Nancy Iribarren
11:30 AM (São Paulo, Buenos Aires) | How to get started. Q & A Session
Personal and academic requirements, where to look for calls and job offers, first contact with a potential host, and much more!
12:00 PM (São Paulo, Buenos Aires) | Wrap-Up
- Matchmaking How-to, Closing Remarks, Summary and Wrap Up
12:30 PM (São Paulo, Buenos Aires) | End of Part 1
Part 2: Matchmakings (universities-in-germany.org Platform)
November 23 & 24:
Please book your individual meetings with the representatives of the universities and funding agencies directly by accessing the members or the Opportunities section and click on the person or institution you would like to talk to and “request a meeting” – a time schedule of this person will appear and then just choose the time and the meeting request will be sent to the person. Make sure to check the individual schedules early, as they might differ.